匿名 asked: There are a lot of melon pan that doesn't taste like melon , but some do and some have a stronger melon taste than others
the only experiences i’ve had with them are when i buy them from nijiya (or other japanese markets). some just tasted like sweet bread and some had a hint of melon flavor. there was one that had a really strong melon flavor but i think it depends on the brand.
- a-pinch-of-adventureのコメント： Also the “rocky” melon pattern on top is created by covering the bread in a cookie dough mix. By the way, though I lived in Japan, all of this info is available on wiki. ;)
- yourenotmeのコメント： in Japan, Melon Pan doesnt mean that it contains melon, it is just a name for a sweet bun. XD
- alvaroandtheworldのコメント： well in Japan Melon Pan, doesn’t taste like melon… well at least the one I got in 7/11 never actually tasted like melon
- joegilgodのコメント： usually, or at least in japan, they’re not actually melon flavoured. Their name comes from the appearance :3
- bayergalのコメント： every melon pan ive ever had is melon flavour lol.